Interested in getting more involved in the league? Well, then here are some exciting opportunities:
- Steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure the nonprofit has adequate resources to advance its mission.
- Perks: chance to make a difference in the league, not having to wait in line at local bodegas, a complementary beverage each Sunday, access to the substandard park bathrooms, and many more.
- NOTE: If you are interested in becoming a member of the Board, please reach out to your Captain or League Managers.
Community Outreach Committee (A.K.A. League Darlings)
- This committee ensures that BTSH is giving back to the community (not only is this the right thing to do & part of our BTSH credo, but we need to keep our good standing in the community so we keep the privilege of using T.S. Park).
- Stay informed of what’s going on in the neighborhood (liaise with the Community Board, Police Precinct, attend community meetings, etc.). Ensure that the neighborhood knows what’s going on with BTSH; promote a positive image of BTSH .
- Identify ways for BTSH Members to give back to the community: participate in beautify the park volunteer days, organize a charity event, organize free youth street hockey clinics, etc.
- NOTE: If you are interested in joining this committee, please email Suz (Riots) at spasquantonio at gmail.
Game Day Opener/Closer
- This is the point person who will assist with game day issues that arise.
- Arrives early/stays late to help the designated team fulfill their duty to open/close the courts (informs League Manager if a team isn’t fulfilling this duty).
- Helps BTSH Members address issues that arise on game days, including equipment needs (balls), access to first aid kit, scheduling questions, access to permits, etc.
- Ensures refs are available and helps find a substitute ref, if needed.
- Communicate any equipment or supply issues to League Manager.
- Covers shift for either the first or second half of BTSH games (roughly 3 to 3.5 hours.
- Paid position.
- NOTE: If you are interested in opening /closing, please reach out to the League Managers, Sarah and Brian Herr.
- Ensure games are played according to the Rules & promote player safety.
- Ensure games start on time.
- After a game, ensure that the game sheet, including any player write-ups, are provided directly to the Ref Manager and League Manager before putting sheet in ref binder (ex. send a pic of the sheet to Ref/League Manager or other method agreed to by Ref Manager).
- Also, you get the blow your whistle!
- Paid position.
- Write standard articles such as Three Stars and Weekly Previews.
- Collaborate on creative articles with other media writers.
- Submit articles to Media Manager in a timely fashion.
- Adhere to the media content policy.
- NOTE: If you are interested in being a media writer then reach out to either Isaac (Instant Karma) or Jess(ica) (Dark Rainbows) on the sidelines.