Are you a BTSHer who can’t wait for the season to get started? A free agent looking to get picked up by a team? A twisted sexual predator who’s particular fetish is pasty white legs and heavy breathing?
Then Tompkins Square Park is the place for you this Sunday. Come down from 12 pm – 6 pm as the league hosts its annual open scrimmage, a chance for experienced players to shake off the winter rust and new players to find out what the league is all about. Open scrimmage is generally a party atmosphere but there are a few things to remember:
1) GO TO THE REGISTRATION LINK ON THIS SITE AND REGISTER TO PLAY
2) IF YOU ARE A FREE AGENT PLEASE WEAR A RED SHIRT (SO CAPTAINS WILL KNOW THAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A TEAM)
3) IF YOU ARE A RETURNING PLAYER PLEASE BRING BOTH A LIGHT AND DARK SHIRT
4) GREY DOES NOT COUNT AS LIGHT OR DARK, MORONS.
5) WE TEND TO HAVE A LOT OF PLAYERS AT OPEN SCRIMMAGE SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR SHIFTS A REASONABLE LENGTH.
6) WE ARE GUESTS AT THE PARK. RESPECT THE COMMUNITY AND PICK UP YOUR TRASH.
Scrimmage is for everyone so feel free to participate no matter what your skill level is. This year more than others there are a lot of BTSH teams looking for new players so if you are a free agent make sure you talk to as many people as possible.
Wondering where to go on Sunday?
TOMPKINS SQUARE PARK / google map
on the corner of EAST 10TH STREET and AVENUE A. take the M14A bus to the 8th St/St.Marks stop, or the L-TRAIN to 1st AVE. also close to the 6-TRAIN ASTOR PLACE stop, N/R 8TH ST. stop.
See you on the courts