From BTSHer and Tournament Organizer, Rachel Green:
On Saturday April 27th we are proud to host the 8th Annual Charity Street Hockey Tournament with all proceeds going to Rose Charities. Rose is a non-profit organization that aims to help children and young adults who have suffered through poverty, disaster, exploitation or lack of opportunity. The projects Rose supports have strong local leaders and local volunteers who find their own solutions for their communities. The funds from this event will support a physical therapy center for impoverished children in Cambodia.
Who: Anyone over 18 who can play a clean, NON-CONTACT game of street hockey for a great cause.
What: Street hockey tournament with a 3 game guarantee and possible playoff games.
When: Saturday April 27th, registration (signing a waiver and paying the entry fee) begins at 9am, the games will start at 10am sharp. Expected ending time will be 4pm, drinks specials and raffle to follow at Fishmarket in the South Street Seaport.
Where: Tanahey Park/Moffo rink in downtown Manhattan near Cherry and Catherine St.
After party will be at Fishmarket, 111 South Street.
How: There will be 8 teams of randomly assigned players playing on two courts. Requests to play on the same team will be accommodated for an additional fee.
How much: There is a $35 entry fee and that goes directly to Rose Charities. A $50 donation will include a T-shirt.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT at http://
Notes for participants:
-There will be 8 teams. Players will be randomly assigned to the 8 teams to ensure that there is an equal distribution of males, females and talent across the teams. There will be two simultaneous games running, one in the hockey rink and one on the basketball courts adjacent to the rink.
- If you donate $60 per person, we can place two players on the same team, please e-mail after you have registered to arrange this.
- There will be 2 divisions with 4 teams each and there will be three 40 minute games round-robin style per team.
- A representative from Rose Charities will be there to collect the entry fee and hand out tax receipts for those who wish to pay on the day of the event (checks can be made out to the Rose Charities). Please feel free to donate more, disabled children living in poverty (and the organizers) will thank you!
- As this tournament is round robin, you will need to bring a white and a black shirt.
- The first games will start at 10AM sharp in order to get all of the games in within the permit times. If you show up later, you will still be placed on a team, but you may have missed some playing time. If it is threatening to rain, please check the website on the morning of the tournament for an update.
- If you are a goalie, there are only 8 spots available, so please email if you’d like to play: dnjohnsto AT gmail.